Friday, October 19, 2012

Have you missed me?

Pussycat Pussycat, where have you been:  I cannot believe that it has been nearly two months since I last posted. My apologies to those loyal readers who check in with me on a regular basis. This is a good time to post as the Bears are about to end another successful season.

The Bears win streak was almost ended the first game of the season when they barely squeaked by Chartiers-Houston by a score of 22-20. Of course, they had nearly half their team serving suspensions that game due to attendance, grades, or who-knows-what. But they got their groove and players back for the second game and the rest of the season to date went as follows: Carlyton 50-7, California 54-6, Monesson 52-7, Fort Cherry 65-0, Brentwood 42-7 and Bishop Canevin 53-15.

Tonight is hHomecoming for the Bears and they face another good Catholic school, Serra. If they win tonight (#55) and next week against Imani Christian (#56), the Clairton Bears will enter the playoffs once again undefeated. The all time record of wins in PA is 60.

I will write more after the game, including a surprise that I should know about by Sunday.

Any potential bloggers? My lifestyle has changed this year and I've been focused on my new job as an usher at the newly opened Smith Center for Performing Arts. That is one reason I've written fewer blogs and done less research. If any reader would consider writing this log from time to time, please let me know. My rules are: try to stay upbeat and include as much on Clairton and its residents past and present.

See you Sunday.

A little blogging music maestro, "The Clairton Fight Song."

Dr. Forgot
email: drforgot@cox.net
http://drforgot.com

No comments: